Saturday, September 18, 2010

Support The Pink Ladies + 1 T-bird!

One person is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes in the United States. That's a pretty startling statistic. No one should have to face this disease, so in order to create a future without breast cancer, I walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

It's a 60-mile walk over the course of three days that raises funds for breast cancer research and community programs. Last year, I had an incredible experience participating in this event. I raised $2300 and met so many wonderful friends along the way.

This year is a VERY special year for me. Sadly one of my favorite aunts was diagnosed with Stage 4, Triple Negative Breast Cancer earlier this year. The news hit our family like a ton of bricks. It makes you realize that at any moment, you or a loved one could be diagnosed with the awful disease.

Walking 60 miles was hard, but I will keep walking until breast cancer is no longer a threat. I walk because everyone deserves a lifetime. I walk because I can. I walk to support my aunt and my family and my friends.

Please make a donation to support my fundraising efforts and this important cause. Then consider making that donation every month for the next four months, using the payment plan option available if you donate online at The3Day.org. Many companies have matching gifts programs, so please ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift**.

To make a donation, simply follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page. If you don't want to donate online, you can download and print a donation form from that page that you can mail in with your donation.

I appreciate your support. The walk is the 1st weekend of November so please donate today.
Donate for your mom, your grandmother, your father, your aunt, your child, or yourself!

EVEN $10 will help!!!!!!!

Warm regards,
Pennie

P.S. I plan on reaching my fundraising goal by November 1, so please don't wait. Donate today!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/penniedds

No comments: