Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday and Teeth but No Pics

Colby's birthday was Thursday April 16. He turned a whopping 32!
We went to an amazing dinner on Friday night at a cool steak house here called Lansky and Brats.
Well here's the story:
Colby has never had Kobe beef. I encouraged him he should at least try it. When I ate meat, it was the BEST in my opinion. So he got it, and yes, he agreed with me, it was out of this world. So we continued enjoying the meal, which was on the same line as Morton's, in other words, AMAZING!!!
Then I got the bill..... The prices listed on everything were completely reasonable for a steak house, and actually a little lower than normal. But I saw the total and gasped, yes gasped. Colby's amazing Kobe steak was $160, yes people ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS!!!! The menu listed Kobe at "market price". WOW the market is proud of its Japanese Kobe beef!!!
We laughed and laughed and laughed. He's only allowed a roll and water at each outing for the next month to make up for his $160 dollar steak!!!

And when we got home, I noticed something cool, Cade had a tooth sticking out, and the other one is right there under the gum tissue. I knew he was teething because he chewed on everything, but I was expecting fever and tantrums, which never happened. I guess he knows I am a dentist and I would take care of him.
So yes, I am going to go buy a finger brush this week, and teeth brushing will begin.
Poor kid doesn't stand a chance!!!

1 comment:

The Ealy's said...

$160!! That's crazy! But KOBE is amazing so I understand.

So proud of the teeth and glad he didn't have a problem with them. Tristan is getting his top ones now and he's still giving me grief about it.