Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just a thought....













So I am sure most of you are aware, but I am walking the 3-Day Walk against Breast Cancer.
The event is Nov 13-15 and I am participating in the Phoenix Event because my sister lives there, and this whole CRAZY idea was hers!!!
We will walk 60 miles in 3 days, yes I said SIXTY!
We will sleep in pink 2-person tents each night.
We will take showers in huge trucks- not sure how this works yet.
We don't know our route, we find out when we get there.
We have to train every week, lots and lots of miles.
We will be with thousands of complete strangers.
We will be sore, in pain, have blisters, and just OUCH!!!!

But today brought a whole new light to this entire event.
I received a prayer request on my Facebook page for a family. I read and read and read this family's blog. I kept going back further and further to see why this was happening to this family. After about 5 pushes of the "older posts" button I read it- Sara has breast cancer. No I don't know this family at all, but my eyes just flooded with tears. It emotionally just got the best of me.

Basically it made me realize the challenge I am about to face is nothing compared to this family's ordeal. She is such a gorgeous, beautiful woman, wife, and now mother. Prayers are headed their way by millions.

So I have dedicated my walk to Sara Sullivan. I will think of her every moment of that walk.
Every woman deserves a lifetime.
So this walk will be my way of supporting an amazing cause and obviously millions of amazing women.

http://bandssullivan.blogspot.com/

No comments: