Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Last "KID-FREE" Vacation

Well Colby, Cade and I have returned from San Diego- we wish we would have never had to come home.
With weather in the 80's, an amazing cool breeze all day, and the most perfect scenery, why would we ever want to come home to this desert (except we sure missed our pets)!!!!
We decided it was a well-deserved, final "kid-free" (kinda) vacation.
Our journey started out staying on the bay. We were accompanied by my brother- Brad and my sister-Johna, along with their families and we can't forget our cute lil' nephews. Our first night we went to Seaport Village and enjoyed a nice dinner with a gorgeous view of the bay. The 4th was amazing from the village; 3 separate simultaneous fireworks shows over the bay. It lasted approximately 30 minutes; the most amazing technology-aided fireworks show EVER!!!! The following day we visited the world famous San Diego Zoo, which is HUGE and allowed my prego body to get some well-needed exercise, my feet felt like they were going to fall off and my toes looked like Vienna sausages, but it really was awesome!!!!!!! Then the next day we went to the wildlife park, truly amazing! Colby and I got to feed endangered Asian rhinos; they are the cutest, biggest things ever! We saw some amazing animals that I didn't even know existed.

Two nights we visited the cool Gaslamp district, where we were able to eat some great seafood, stuff ourselves with yummy Ghirardelli ice cream, and plenty of Pellegrino sparkling water (since I have literally not had alcohol since Carrie's birthday)!!! We also went to this really great breakfast place called Richard Walker's known for their famous apple pancakes, which you know a pregnant girl must investigate!!! Colby was also able to visit the USS Midway while I spent some time at the Horton Plaza outdoor, multi-level mall.
After bidding a farewell to the family, we were off the Coronado, to stay at a gorgeous beach resort- The Hotel del Coronado.
The best place on Earth!!!!! We could have easily lived there forever (if we had ridiculous amounts of money sitting around, this place can make you go broke quickly). The hotel has been there since 1888, Victorian style, with tons of history. A ghost lives there according to legend, but we never saw her thankfully. There was an adult only pool, which truly allowed us to enjoy no kids for the last time! Outside of the hotel are tons of shops and restaurants, all in walking distance.


So the best part for all of you wanting to hear prego stories- is I finally got to spend some time in a prego swim suit!!!! What a sight, and what an experience. Lockie had tried to encourage me to be brave, and sport my pre-prego bikinis, but Colby as my witness, can tell you that was impossible!!!! The Titty Fairy has blessed me with some extremely enlarged boobies, that my bikinis would not cover enough even for an adult film! So I ventured to the prego tankinis, oh so attractive!!! Move over Pamela Anderson, Pennie has arrived!!!!!


But on a really cool note, we spent some time at the spa, and they had these amazing pillows that allow pregnant women to lie on their bellies while being massaged. A definite must for any of you prego women in your 2nd or 3rd trimesters. It was spectacular.

So back to Coronado- amazing, fun, great food, gorgeous beach (with gold specs in the soft sand), and just freakin' paradise!
Coronado Island is a wonderful place for any of you looking for a relaxing, pampering vacation!


So we are now back to reality!!!! Back to Weatherford, back to Eastland, back to patrolling and teeth!
But now the countdown is on! Three months and 6 days till Cade will arrive! We can't wait!

2 comments:

The Ealy's said...

You look precious in your tankini!!

BrandyMcD said...

The pictures look great and I am so glad you had a fun "babymoon".

I think I am the only one but I actually liked my prego tankini and for the first time in my life I didn't have to worry if the suit made me look fat!