Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Cade's first Thanksgiving was perfect!
Our neighbor's graciously invited us over for a feast.
It definitely wasn't our grandmother's or mother's cooking, but it sure was close!
I have to say, the past few years, the holidays have just been so blah.
But this Turkey Day I was so excited. It's amazing how having kids brings out the kid in you. I was so excited all day that it was Thanksgiving! I watched the parade this morning with my lil' Cade and sang all of the songs and danced with him. I baked a cake and licked the bowl and the mixer thingys. I put whipped cream on everything all day. I definitely was in the spirit for a change!
I also thought a lot about the true meaning of Thanksgiving and how awesome our country is. We are just so lucky to live in the USA and have the freedom we have. Regardless of what is going on in our country today, God has a plan for us, this country will be taken care of.
I teared up many times today just because of how thankful I am for the life I am living. God has blessed me with so many amazing things. I just love the Lord for all of the love he has shown me and my family.
So Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Below is Cade in his Thanksgiving "get-up"






6 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

you look great! and Cade's personality is really starting to shine. what a cutie. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Nannie and PaPa said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. We sure enjoyed seeing you all this afternoon. You all looked great. Cade looked so precious, we could all just squeeze him and love him. We miss you all so much.
We are so thankful for you, Colby and Cade. Your little family means so much to everyone and especially to us.

Me-Me and PaPa said to tell you that they are thankful for you too and that they love you.
Bye for now. Kisses and Hugs.
Nannie and Papa

Nannie and PaPa said...

Thanks for posting those precious pictures of you and Cade. We so enjoyed seeing you all this afternoon. We all love you so much and so thankful for you, Colby and Cade.

Me-me and Papa said that this was the greatest Thanksgiving and that Cade made it the perfect 20th greatest great grand kid. You all are so loved by everyone.

Love and miss you, Nannie

Keri and Chad said...

You guys are so cute. We miss you so much! Happy Thanksgiving. Love you guys! GIve Cade a kiss from us.

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Fun pictures! So glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Avalon and Cade could have been twins - she had the exact same outfit :)

BrandyMcD said...

Look at that cute little turkey. He is starting to get his baby pudge. You are doing a great job!