Monday, November 10, 2008

YAY Daddy!!

Cade and daddy having some chill time!

So there was a major breakthrough this weekend....
Everyone forgot to mention to me that first time daddys are scared of crying babies!! Colby and I hit a few bumps in the road the first few weeks of Cade's life. He would become very frustrated and he felt very clueless in regards to a screaming, crying baby. There were a lot of "discussions" on how we could fix this!
But with a lot of prayer and just time, we have had an awesome breakthrough.
My husband is the best daddy ever! He has tons of patience and love for lil' Cade.
On Saturday I was gone for 5 hours getting my hair done. I know you are like 5 hours???? Well I got highlights and a haircut and had my hair blow-dryed and fixed for the first time in over a month. It felt so good!!! And I think daddy was happy to know that I would look like "Pennie" again one day and not just a slob!!!!
And then I got to go grocery shopping yesterday! Yes, I got excited to go grocery shopping! Getting out and having some alone time is just amazing when you have been stuck in the house for a month!
So daddy- YAY!!!! Cade and I are so thankful to have you!!! You are an awesome dad.

1 comment:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

5 hours of alone time AND grocery shopping... you are blessed! ;)
I'm glad you got to get pampered at the salon. It's too easy to forget about ourselves when there's a little one around. Let's see some pics of your hotness.