Sunday, January 18, 2009

I hate colds!!!

Poor little Cade has had this STUPID cold for over a week now.
We have tried everything!!!
1) Suction bulb- which he hates and I would too! And the snot is so thick that I can't get anything out!
2) Saline drops- which he also hates and I would too again! Try putting drops up an infant's nose, real fun let me tell you!
3) Cold mist humidifier- I guess that may help???
4) Vicks rub on his feet, chest, cheeks- we've tried it all!
5) Inclining his bed! Good idea, but not so great! I woke up at 3AM and couldn't see Cade on the video monitor because he had rolled to the bottom of the bed. He was just snoozing away at the bottom of his mattress. It's funny now, but it FREAKED me out! And I BARLEY inclined it for all of you asking!!!
6) Warm baths
7) Steam from the shower
8) Vicks plug ins- this cool thing you plug in and it emits Vicks vapor smells!

So after a week of this crud- Cade has now lost his voice. Not that he really talks, but his cries and his "cooing" has an interesting sound. He is so hoarse! Poor little guy!!

So the doc called in some medicine for him today. Let's pray it helps!!!!
I know you are suppose to let it run its course, but I have allowed this course to run long enough!

2 comments:

The Cokenour Family said...

I hate colds too! We tried the incline thing with Caleb too and he rolled to the bottom as well! We will pray for you guys! Caleb lost his voice too and it is so sad! Luv you girl!

The Ealy's said...

Bless your heart. Sorry the inclined bed didn't work!