Thursday, October 9, 2008

10-09-08

Colbie Cade Langford was born on 10-09-08
Time: 9:25AM
Weight: 6 lbs
Length: 19.5 in
And here is the story:
I checked into the hospital at 8PM on 10-08-08.
And crazily, I was having big contractions about 3-4 minutes apart, but I was still only 1 cm dilated.
So the Pitocin began.
I began vomiting and having diarrhea.
So they then gave me Phenegran and Zofran. Well that knocked me on my butt!!!
Then at 3AM, I woke up to a room full of nurses working diligently. Cade's heart rate kept dropping. So we changed my position, put me on an oxygen mask and the heart rate was up again, but it wouldn't stay that way and I had not dilated anymore.
So about 8AM Dr. Gardner came it to tell us a C-section was the best option, less stress for Cade.
Well the spinal block hurt like hell, but I was completely numb from breast to feet.
Not even 15 min later, I heard the scream of Cade- another of God's blessings.
And it was also discovered that the cord was wrapped around his lil' neck. Which was causing his heart rate to slow down.
He's precious and such a cuddle bug!
We love him!!!!!

Hola World!

It's me!

First Family Photo

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how I love new babies. He is wonderful. Congrats to all three of you. We love you all.

BrandyMcD said...

He's so handsome! Way to go Momma!

The Ealy's said...

I'm so proud of you! What a bundle of joy. Can't wait to meet him!!

Keri and Chad said...

What a stud!!! Congrats you guys. I can't wait to see him. Love you lots.

Joslyn Hopmayer said...

So Cute!!! Luv to all and cant wait to meet him next month

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

He's precious! Congratulations!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

ohmygosh! how precious! Awesome job! Hope to see you guys before you leave.

It's more than a job... said...

He is beautiful! Love you guys! Congratulations...

sarah jameson said...

holy crap! i've been thinking about you all week. i'm so glad everything went as well as could be expected. he came out with his lungs, i see...hollering like momma! so perfect, pennie. congratulations to you both.