Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a Night!

So I am up at 1:45AM, and I am MISERABLE!!!
Out of no where, about 3 hours ago, I began to feel like I was truly dying.
I began shivering and couldn't stop.
I was running a 102.5 fever after taking 3 Tylenol.
Colby put me under 5 blankets, and I still couldn't get warm.
I decided I better call the doctor.
Well I am ones of the lucky ones, MASTITIS has blessed me with it's presence.
Breast-feeding has been awesome, no problems, no pain, and I have actually LOVED it.
So when my left breast began feeling sore and hot, I knew that's what it was.
But the crazy thing is, that's not what upset me the most....
I had to give Cade his first bottle with formula.
He loved it! Took to it just like it was his momma.
But I hated it! I wasn't ready to do that!!!! I cried and cried and I am still crying!
So Colby is out buying me a pump and getting me some Keflex.
I feel for my hubby!!!!! But he's being awesome!
So tonight Cade will get formula and I will pump with each feeding.
Tomorrow I will contact my pediatrician to find out if I can start breast-feeding again!
What a night!
If any of you advice on this, please comment me!

5 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

Pennie! You poor thing... I hope it goes away soon. It was so hard to finally let Addison have formula for me too. But be glad that he took it. Some babies won't have anything to do with a bottle. Hang in there. It'll get easier.

BrandyMcD said...

Ohhhh mastitis is sooo awful. I breastfed for 10 months and then out of nowhere got it. You did the right thing by getting treatment right away.

Are you sure that you can't be breastfeeding right now? I didn't have to stop b/c they gave me an antibiotic that was safe for babies...but maybe that was because she was older??? Either way, just because he took some formula does not mean it is all over. This is just a teeny tiny little blip for you and you will be back to nursing him full time very soon.

Aryn and PJ said...

Oh girl, you poor thing. I think you are actually supposed to keep breastfeeding. I think its supposed to help. I'm not sure though. I hope it gets better soon. I'll be thinking about you.

The Ealy's said...

Bless your heart! The good thing about the formula is that Colby can feed him...and honestly, if you are pumping into a bottle, then Cade won't know the difference between formula and breastmilk. I let Warren give Tristan one bottle a day so that he had some bonding time too and I got some extra sleep. Let Colby help...and don't feel guilty about it. You're doing enough.

The Cokenour Family said...

Cabbage leaves! I know its weird but it really works! I am so sorry girl!