Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random Pregnant Thoughts

So I am bored out of my mind!
I have officially been off work for a week today.
I know this boredom won't last for long. I'm trying so hard to enjoy the time because I know once Cade comes, I will wish I had this time again! But the impatience, anxiety, and excitement are killing me!!!!
Thank God Colby is home to help the time pass.
So yesterday at the doctor, I was told I had not progressed at all. I am still 1 cm and my cervix is still very thick. So she decided to strip my membrane, hu?? Exactly what I thought. All I can say is it does NOT feel good. But I guess it can help some women to go into labor.
Well I am also trying everything you can imagine to kick this labor into gear:
I had a spa day on Tuesday for relaxation.
Colby massages my akiles tendons every night.
I eat Mexican food almost everyday.
I walked 2 miles today.
I'm about to head to a prenatal yoga class.
And something else too, but I'm sure you can figure that out on your own!!
So if you can see, I am ready! The only things I have not tried yet are castor oil and off-roading, but don't be surprised, I'm getting desperate here people!
Seems like Cade may have gotten mine and Colby's stubborness! That could be scary!
So I go back to the doctor Tuesday. Please pray for me. She mentioned to us yesterday if I haven't progressed much, she may not induce me next Wednesday. Which would really disappoint me considering people are flying in, our movers are coming next week, and my back is about ready to give out if I have to keep this 30 lbs on me any longer!
So everyone: PRAY PRAY PRAY PLEASE!!!!!

2 comments:

The Ealy's said...

DO NOT under any circumstances take castor oil! You will sh*& everywhere and the nurses hate it! Prenatal yoga is what put me over the edge so be ready....I also drank some raspberry tea which is supposed to make your uterus contract. Those two things combined with "the sex" as Warren calls it put us into labor.

The Cokenour Family said...

Ok so the day after she "worked on my cervix" I went into labor. I was only dialated to a 1 as well so be ready! I will pray! Cade come out from there!!