Monday, October 20, 2008

Just when you think things are getting better...

So today started out "ok".
I was only running 99.5 fever so I was so excited!
Well, it didn't stay that way....
So we went to Cade's pediatrician appointment, he's going great and barely even cried during his PKU. He is gaining weight and his health is perfect! My new pediatrician down here is a friend, she is the wife of a guy I went to dental school with. So she made me feel so comfortable, and I am blessed to have her down here!!
But I could tell my fever was climbing during Cade's appointment.
So Colby and the pediatrician insisted I see my new OBGYN down here.
We called and they told me to come in ASAP.
The doctor was great, I was very nervous about that since I LOVED Dr. Gardner.
Well my temp was up to 102.5 again!
And my left breast is so red and swollen.
It still is not affecting my breast feeding. No pain during feeding and the doctors explain it's the best thing to do because it helps drain the area.
So when he looked at it, his main concern was an abscess was forming.
He put me on a 2nd antibiotic and I have to go back tomorrow.
I just got finished putting a heating pad on it, hoping it will help, per doctor's orders FYI.
So I go back tomorrow... If things have gotten worse, they will put me on IV antibiotics at home. But if that doesn't work, I will have to have surgery and that will require me to discontinue breast-feeding.
I have really come to peace with the idea of possibly stopping breast-feeding, because I truly just need to get better.
At this point, I am running 103.5 fever.
So if all of you could take some time today and pray for me I would truly appreciate it.
All I want is to improve so I can be a good mom for Cade.
Breast-feeding, bottle-feeding, IV antibiotics or surgery- I don't care- I just want to feel good for my precious baby.
I will let y'all know the results tomorrow.

And this is lil' Cade with Bugslie, she loves him!

4 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

ohmygosh! I'll be praying for you right now. Hopefully you won't have to go through surgery again.

BrandyMcD said...

We'll be praying for you sweetie. It is not fair to be a new mommy and so sick.

Love the new picture!

Keri and Chad said...

We will be prayig for your healing. We will lift you up tonight at lifegroup. Please keep us updated. We love you guys!!

Rayzer81 said...

Oh my I will be praying for you!! That is crazy and I hope that it gets better!! Keep us informed!