Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Day Home

So Today was my First Day Home.
Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, my normal weekly check-up.
It was a VERY emotional day for me.
So I gained 6 lbs in 5 days, my blood pressure was "sketchy" per Dr. Gardner and I was dilated 1 cm and she could feel his head.
So what does this all mean??
Well I had to quit working. I was ordered to rest and stay off my feet as much as possible. This is not "bed-rest" but just a way for my doctor to force me to quit pushing myself so hard. I love my job. I love my patients. And I love the girls I work with. So not going to work is very emotional for me. I am already bored and even more lonely now. Work was kinda my way to get away from an empty house, since Colby won't be home until Oct 3. Day-time TV sucks! I love Y&R- but that's only 1 hour of the day!
So the 6 lbs- explains why I am so swollen, see in my blog yesterday.
The blood pressure- most likely due to the sudden water weight gain.
And I'm sure you are asking why did this happen? No clue. Probably the most annoying part! They have no clue why this happens.
They are hoping the rest and keeping my feet up will help the swelling and possibly lower the BP.
And being dilated, don't get too excited. Being dilated means NOTHING! I could be this way for hours, days, or weeks!
But I will say, I did sleep 13 hrs last night and took a 3 hour nap today, and I am still tired, so maybe I am a little more exhausted than I realized!
The bright side of all of this is now I have time to get my hospital bag packed, pack Cade's bag, and mentally get rested in preparing to soon be a mom!
And like Dr. Garder said- water weight is the easiest and quickest weight to lose, so I'll hopefully have my HOT, SEXY body back before you know it!!! Yea right!!! HAHAHAHA

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how I miss Y&R. I had to give it up. I know sounds crazy, but really. I still miss it though and have days that I struggle to not turn it on. I have been watching that soap for 20 years!
Anyway, I sure hope you start resting more girl. It is so important. Work will be there once Mr. Cade makes his debut. Just relax, sleep as much as you can and prepare to fall in love all over again with that wonderful baby in your belly. You are almost there!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

Ya, daytime t.v. sucks! Don't even bother turning it on till at least 3pm. haha. Anyways, you are more than welcome to come hang with me and Addie. Once my parents are gone we'll come hang with you. Get lots of rest! You'll be glad you did. :)