Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sept 22- A Bitter/Sweet Day

As I sat in church today, a huge amount of emotion came pouring down on me as I sat there alone, feeling so lonely and numb inside, tears of sadness and joy flowing down my cheeks.
For some odd reason, I truly felt God nudging me saying and reminding me, "Tomorrow is a very special day Pennie" and he is right.
Tomorrow marks a day in mine and Colby's life that never will be forgotten.
First- One year ago- our precious Jetta Marie said her good-byes to us as God took her up into heaven. I can picture her sitting right at Jesus's feet. Loving him and licking his toes (her way of washing his feet and showing her grace). Jetta has such a sweet soul. Everyone who met her, loved her and could feel her peace. She was an amazing pup that Colby and I will always miss and keep in our hearts. We sure miss you girl!

Second- our sweet-loving CosmoPolitan was born one year ago. I will never forget the feelings I had when our breeder Susie told me the day she was born. It was such a bitter/sweet feeling, as if Jetta had sent Cosmo to us as she ascended into heaven. Cosmo has the sweetest and most loving spirit. I can just see Jetta putting her paw over Cosmo and telling her exactly how to be once she became a Langford. Happy Birthday Cosmo!


It's not completely understood by many on how I can tell God thank you for both of these events, but I do.
I know God took Jetta for a reason. And to be honest with you all, I believe I know the reason.
September 23, 2007- Colby and I attended church at New River for the first time. "Just by chance" (as some my say), the sermon was about being saved. After losing Jetta, I was truly at my wits end. I needed Christ more than ever. And as we drove out of that parking lot, I decided to have a moment of peace as I asked God to save me.
I wonder if Jetta was watching me, because I truly feel losing her was God's plan on changing my life, Colby's life, and our lives together as one.
So thank you God. Thank you! And God please give Jetta kisses and tell her I will see her again, one day very soon.

Below is a poem Warren (Lockie's husband) sent me when I lost my girl.


The Power of the Dog
by
Rudyard Kipling

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie--
Perfect passsion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair--
But ... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-term loan is as bad as a long--
So why in--Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

3 comments:

The Ealy's said...

I love you Jetta and miss you so much!

It's more than a job... said...

Your testimony brings me to tears, Pennie. I am in awe as I watch how God has moved in your life. It is amazing to look back on our lives and watch how God's hand has moved everything into perfect order. Sometimes we don't get all the answers, but sometimes God reveals them. I am so happy that God is showing you his provision. I love you & I will be praying for you tomorrow...I know it's bittersweet, but you're right...you WILL see your precious Jetta again someday. She was so blessed to have you as her mommy!

The Cokenour Family said...

I am so proud of you Pennie! I know God must be getting you through. Being there in that house without Colbie and missing your precious puppy must be difficult! I know that God had a plan for you guys! I love you girl! Let me know if you need anything!