Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Insomnia Begins

Well its 2:45AM and I am AWAKE!!!!!!
Trust me, my husband can be my witness, that during this entire pregnancy I have slept like a rock. He likes to say that a tornado could tear down the house and his wife would just sleep right through it like a little princess.
But that has all changed now....

I can't sleep.
My mind is racing. Is this hurricane going to ruin my last baby shower? Is my family in Houston going to be ok? How's Colby? I wonder how our new house will look if I position this picture here? How are the dogs doing in the wash room right now? Is that Kalvin snoring down at my feet? Cats snore?
I can't get comfortable. Should I sleep on my right or left side? Do I want this pillow between my legs like I see in all the pregnancy articles? Do I want to attempt to sleep on my back? Cade, please move down....etc. etc.
I can't breathe because of this ridiculous cold I have. One nostril is open, then somehow or another it closes and the other opens. Then I think the miracle has happened because they are both open, but wait, 5 minutes later, they are both closed and now my ears are both clogged...
I sneeze every 5 minutes. And snot flies out of my nose, so then...
I blow my nose every 3 minutes. My nose is now bleeding because of how raw it has become from this cheap toilet paper I thought I'd try out.
I ache all over because of this weird fever I have. And no, Tylenol won't break the fever. So I am sweating, and 10 minutes later, I am freezing like I am in the Arctic.
My nausea is HORRIBLE!!!!!! I didn't have it the 1st trimester, so the pregnancy gods are making up for it every time I lay down.

And if I hear from any of you "Oh, Cade is just getting you prepared for how it will be when he gets here" I will literally SCREAM at you!!!!!
Aren't I pleasant!!!

1 comment:

The Ealy's said...

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm laughing my ass off right now. That's post is too funny. And no, Cade is not getting you ready...You have NO IDEA the lack of sleep you will get once he arrives!! I hope you feel better...I can't imagine being sick and pregnant. It's bad enough having a newborn and being sick. I love you...hang in there.